Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Anti-Age War

I'm a guerrilla fighter in this one. Well, I don't have much of an arsenal but I'm doing what I can. Especially because it's cheap here!

Firstly, Jake's birthday day was fantastic! He had a Field Day at school, actually called "Olympics Day" where each class dressed in a shirt of the colour of one of the Olympic rings. Jake's class was in blue. He wore a Hawaiian shirt! He's so cool. It wasn't even what he had on when he left for school. The boy has a sense of style. :-)

**Side story** Nicole was telling me that her friend's little brother was talking about this Olympic Day at home and excitedly told his family he was going to be in the "Special Olympics"!! LOL

After school he had Tae Kwon Do so John and I picked him up with some very lame gifts (two chocolate bars and a pair of PJs.) He didn't fall for it when I tried to tell him that's all he was getting. Wisdom comes at the ripe old age of nine!

Dinner was out with two other families - friends of Jake's and ours. Back home we sang Happy Birthday to him and partook in my homemade Dr. Suess birthday cake. It was a triple layer chocolate masterpiece that just happened to lean a bit too much! Everyone enjoyed it, the other families headed home and we fell onto the couch. Day well done!

Today Nicole and I went to a dermatologist for some laser work. Nicole had a small red spot zapped on her face. She'd gotten it from a wasp bite when she was about 7 and had asked repeatedly to have it removed. Again, it's cheap here! I had some sun spots zapped. I'm not holding my breath but it would be cool if they faded away. Of course, after the laser zapping they're darker than ever! Sigh. LOL

Nothing else exciting today. Cloudy and a little cool. Now it's time for bed! Goodnight!

No comments: