Monday, January 22, 2007

Three Weeks!

We've been here for three weeks now and still like each other! LOL

I'm writing on the hotel computer, with a very strange looking keyboard and everything except my actual writing is in Spanish on my screen. But hey, I'm doing it! This just illustrates how upside down some things are in our lives right now. We manage just fine but it can be slightly daunting to undertake simple activities.

I'm slightly terrified that John needs to leave for a few weeks when he travels to California to be a guest speaker at one of the bases there. We depend on him greatly for our communication - Lisette and I stumble through things, Nicole is very hesitant to speak Spanish and Jake (who will probably be flying past us all in the next few months) is only just beginning to show signs of interest.

But we've made it so far!! :-)

Lisette woke me up last night with a horrible headache and was complaining about Buddy driving her nuts, constantly shaking his head. I got her some Motrin and took a look at Buddy's ears. His left one was visibly infected - bacterial or fungal, it was hard to say but it was deep red and "dirty." So I was up at 3:30, cleaning and medicating Buddy's ears and waiting to see if he had any kind of reaction to the meds I administered. Of course I looked up the med on the internet, answered some emails and generally waited to get sleepy again. Is it a mom thing that we wake so fully, so quickly?

I did get up before 9:30, brought breakfast for the kids up to the room. John had headed to the Embassy by 8:30 to keep an eye on the progress of our inspections/paperwork, none of which made any headway anyway! Welcome to the life and times of people tied to the State Dept. and a foreign government.

We did receive some mail (yeah, Books-a-Million!) so while Jake and Nicole were hanging out at our pool, I started the second book of the Eragon series.

This evening, the girls and I attended our first yoga class! I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow but during the class I came very, very close to falling asleep...hmmmmmm.

So, no forward motion on our housing situation...but we have some good books to read...and Buddy's feeling much better!

Sigh ;-)

Love ya!
Shelley

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

hi shelley
i am so gald to have found your blog. it will be fun to keep track of your adventure in argentina. i have always wanted to go to argentina. and sing "don't cry for me agentina"
love to all
tante m