Friday, January 26, 2007

Countdown to Leaving the Hotel

Note: This is yesterday's (the 25th) post that somehow was put under January 22nd??? :-)


Please don't get me wrong, this is a very nice hotel with a very nice staff. The restaurant is yummy and our rooms are spacious. However, it is a hotel and not a home.

John received the Security report and there's only some minor items on it so things are looking good for us being able to move in. Our household goods are expected on Feb. 1st now instead of the 3rd. It does take a week to get the shipment through Customs so we still need to stay patient but that light has started to show at the end of the tunnel!!

I spent the day straightening out finances and paperwork at the hotel then hit the treadmill. My first jab at Yoga spurred me on a bit I guess. :-)

John had lunch with a local professor, obviously on Argentina time as this "lunch" took over five hours! It was a group of them, they had lunch in a different part of town then returned here for a coffee. John called the room from downstairs when they got here but I declined the invite to join them...smart move on my part by the sound of it! LOL Thankfully I didn't need him for anything because neither of us expected it to be such a lengthy outing.

Dinner was here at the hotel - I cannot wait for a real homecooked meal, at my own home!!!!

But for now, here's to us finding our home!
Salud!

No comments: