Monday, January 8, 2007

Idiosyncrasies or just plain crazy??

Yes, it didn't surprise me but always disappoints when you try to complete a seemingly simple task and it becomes a major undertaking. This is the world of cell phone insanity I found myself in today! Ha!

We took our laundry and dropped it off (10 bags, 20 dollars - yeah!), it will be delivered to our rooms tomorrow afternoon! Yeah! Okay, that was the sweet side of life here in BA. Then John, Nicole and I headed to the office of the Cell Phone Hell. Not really, just exaggerating for effect.

Well, it seems you must be a documented, registered, bloodline-worthy human being to give them your money. As we have not yet been thus blessed (Embassy says 10-15 days), no cell phone plan for us. Home we went with our heads hung low. Again, not really but it seemed to fit.

The rest of the day was pretty lame, lunch at an Italian place. I'm reading "Eragon" so I spent the afternoon with my nose stuck in the book (excellent if you're interested) wishing I'd taken the time to see the movie before we left!

The kids had a grocery store cooked meal (grilled chicken and tortilla chips) while John and I went to a nearby restaurant to celebrate our anniversary a bit late and the fact that we still like each other after our first week in Argentina! :-)

The weather is still beautiful, warm and sunny but not too hot. I'm still excited to be here and the kids are all getting along. Okay that very last part is a bit of an exaggeration too but I'm feeling imaginative tonight!

Love and Kisses!
Shelley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.