Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ducks

Mine aren't in order. I'm not sure my ducks have what it takes to ever be in order! There are times when I think they're close but then they waddle off in another direction entirely!

Such is life when you live like a gypsy. Have I mentioned how gorgeous Argentina is in the spring? That's the sort of thing that makes dealing with those wacky ducks worthwhile!

Each and every time I open our front gate I am overwhelmed by the smell of the honeysuckle that arches over it. What a great way to greet the person on the other side of that gate! It's a "pick me up" that brings a smile to my face as I open the door to our home. Very cool.

Yesterday I ran errands at the Embassy and had lunch with my dear Mary. We chatted over tostados (Kim - you know what those are!!) and tarta del espinaca (spinach quiche)(sp?) but were unable to solve the world's problems. We didn't care! Our ducks aren't in a row, why should anyone else's be?

Dinner was pork chops and fresh asparagus (parents) and rice (kids) but I forgot to mention the dessert so we skipped it. Oops. What they don't know...will be eaten later today!

No comments: