Thursday, October 11, 2007

Baby Steps

I'm so proud of my "Baby" (in Spanish) sister!! She meandered around the shopping district while I had a mani/pedi - even buying a jacket all in Spanish!!! Luckily she also ran into a few shopkeepers who spoke English but she was brave enough to venture out on her own! Yeah Kim!!!

Unfortunately, I'd forgotten I had a pedicure appointment too and wore the wrong shoes. No open toes for me until I get a new paint job! Yup, yup, more of that life of leisure!!

Kim and I had lunch out which she ordered for herself - in Spanish!! Then back home where I finally got my luggage unpacked. I decided I should pack up my winter clothes while I as at it so there was a heap of clothing on my bed when Lilian finished the laundry. That included washing our sheets which she somehow managed to make our bed with - heap of clothing in the way and all!! She blows me away sometimes!! Aside - she's still no Kathy though!!!! ;-) Love ya Kathy!!

I baked up some frozen pizzas for the kids because I had a dinner date invitation for Kim and I. John had texted me that he wanted to go to our favourite Italian place for dinner. Works for me! He's obviously feeling better too. So off we went. It wasn't the chef's best night unfortunately but it was still pretty good.

Now it's raining and we've tucked Jake into bed...I'm going to go join my hubby and my sister to chill in front of the mind-sucking-orb we call a TV.

'Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just admit it you like her better! You didn't trust me to do your laundry. Love ya anyway and miss you all so much. So far you have had Johns family, Nicola and now Kim. You never know I may take a turn. Watch out Lillian here I come.

Kim said...

Kathy, I can't understand a word Lillian says! My vote is your's.