Monday, June 11, 2007

Recaps

Sunday morning John, Jake, Nicole and I went into the city to meet Juan and Carmen for breakfast. Lisette remained at home - she had a girlfriend sleep over Saturday night and it was an early breakfast!

We sat in on Juan's conference for a little while but it was all Greek (actually Chinese but in Spanish!) to me so we headed back home for Nicole to get some more studying done for her exams. Everyone was doing their own thing for the rest of the day - studying, reading, playing and napping. I put Jake down for a nap as he had very little sleep last night - he crashed for two hours!

Jake and I went to meet Mary and her boys for dinner. My meal was purple! I ordered bow-tie pasta with steak and mushroom sauce. It was purple. Not too terrible tasting but not so great either. Lesson learned - no more ordering of purple food!

This morning I went over to Mary's for breakfast. She tried out a biscuits and gravy recipe on me - yummy! I took Buddy to introduce him to her puppy Rosie. Buddy was unimpressed, Rosie was in awe. She finally figured out he wasn't so scary but still kept her distance. Too cute!

The girls were very happy with how they did on their exams today. Nicole has two tomorrow and Lisette has one last one. Jake had another good day at school but was accidentally clocked with a book corner just above his eye on the bus...poor guy!

I had to be a little tough with our maid today. It's never really happened before but she wanted to bring her son here tomorrow because she hasn't been able to get a medical clearance for him to go back to school since he's been sick with a cold. She brought him here without asking last week - not so cool. I said no but needed John to get home to clarify things with her. So we gave her the day off tomorrow with the understanding that she'll make it up some other time. I'd never make it as a tough boss. It's too stressful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I seem to remember another house cleaner bringing a two year old with them. Of course you are part Grammy to her.

patsyrose said...

You did just the right thing. Of course, if it was a beautiful little girl that you are "part Grammy" to then it would be different.

Shelley said...

Part Grammy makes it significantly different!!!! :-)