Friday, December 7, 2007

One Down

Our Express Shipment was picked up today. This is the shipment that will be sent air freight, hence arriving at our next home much faster (one month) than our regular household goods shipment. We're limited to 1,000 pounds - and we used up every ounce.

The movers showed up at 8:30 this morning but I was at the Elementary School to watch Jake's performance. He woke up with a fever and he looked like he needed a hug...but was horrified when I told him to go on back to bed. He insisted on going to school for the concert because..."I have a solo!" Great - another performer in the family! So I drove him to school and brought him home after the concert. He did great in his solo and the Tylenol this morning seemed to last all day.

This afternoon I went and did some shopping at an open house at a friend's. The idea was to pick up Christmas gifts but I think I bought more for myself. Oops!

Tonight Lisette had another performance at school, kind of a Talent Show/Showcase thing. Now she's got friends over and Nicole has her "friend" (yup, it better just be friendship!) Matt over. They're all preparing to head out to a party - the girls will only be able to be there for an hour and a half, the party starts at 11:30 and their curfew is 1 AM...I'm tired just thinking about it!

My favourite thing about having kids, well one of them, is listening to their conversations from another room. Lisette's friends are cracking me up! At the moment they're playing with Buddy and smelling him (he got bathed today!)

Goodnight! Hope John'll play taxi tonight!

3 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

i sn't believe you are leaving Agentina. and i never got to visit. well in a way i did through your wonderful blog............
keep writing !

patsyrose said...

About the curfew...I remember waiting up for you to get home because I couldn't sleep until all my little chicks were safe in their beds.

Welcome to the club!

Kim said...

Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt. Ya, just friends. Auntie's radar says something much different. But he is aweful cute.